Top ABM Sessions From Dreamforce: Summaries, Slide Decks and Key Takeaways
Another Dreamforce is in the books! The world’s most innovative leaders and company were in attendance, and the show did not disappoint. It was as inspiring, exciting, and motivating as ever. Particularly, at Engagio, we were excited that ABM was a hot topic once again.
Here are our favorite ABM moments this year. We’ve summarized the sessions, gave our top takeaways that you can apply today, and provided the session slides.
View the slide decks here:
- Top CXOs on Account Based Marketing Delivering Customer Success
- Account Based Marketing for CMOs: The Need for Change
- The ABM Playbook for World-Class Marketing Teams
- Sriracha for ABM: 3 Ways to Spice Up Your ABM Initiatives & Skip the Heartburn
– – –
Dreamforce’s most popular ABM session 2 years is back! ABM has been transforming Sales & Marketing — and most importantly has been enabling companies to deliver Customer Success and happiness.
For the 3rd year in a row, top CEOs and CMOs assembled to give you an inside view on “what’s worked” and “what hasn’t worked” for them so that you are equipped to leverage ABM to transform your business and win the hearts of your customers!
Panel includes: Jay Gaines, CMO of Sirius Decisions; Robi Ganguly, CEO of Apptentive; Jason Jue, CMO of Triblio; Jon Miller, CEO of Engagio; Fred Studer, CMO of Financial Force; Fred Tsai, Senior Director, Salesforce
- Most companies doing ABM already have marketing automation and CRM, so the #1 tech investment you need to make to get started is L2A.
- Ads are not ABM! Only 34% or organizations doing ABM ads are happy. Ads are great for air cover, but it’s not ABM. What works is relevant, meaningful, personalized engagement. There are no shortcuts!
- ABM metrics are different from traditional: you must measure quality, not quantity. You must track leading indicators, like engagement and journey metrics.
- A true ABM Platform consists of foundation + orchestration + measurement. ABM is not about any one, single channel; it’s about orchestration across multple channels
Despite the huge excitement around ABM, many enterprise executives are still unsure that account based marketing is their best bet. In this presentation from the B2B Champions Club during Dreamforce 2018, Heidi Bullock, CMO of Engagio, shared how ABM (when it’s done right) will grow revenue, improve your brand, align your entire organization, and ultimately deliver a better customer experience.
- ABM is a great B2B strategy to drive growth – growth is NOT just acquisition – ABM helps place focus on retention and upsell, cross-sell too
- Due to the focus and being very clear about WHO is the right type of customer (ICP), ABM provides an opportunity for teams outside of marketing to share this understanding and focus on the customer, which helps make for a better customer experience. Customer Success can continue to use the tiers and account entitlements to make sure there is a consistent experience.
- ABM helps reinforce brand strategy because 1) marketers are clear about WHO they are marketing to and the messages, and 2) MOST importantly, Marketing doesn’t end at the MQL handoff. They continue to work with Sales and Customer Success to ensure there is a cohesive strategy for the entire journey.
- Lastly, due to the joint focus on accounts, ABM naturally brings Marketing and Sales together so there is shared responsibility and accountability. Teams move past alignment to both working on orchestrated experiences.
To execute ABM you need to coordinate personalized Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success efforts to open doors and deepen engagement at target accounts. But how do you organize and execute on so many moving pieces at once? It can be a little overwhelming… but it doesn’t have to be. In this presentation from Dreamforce 2018, Charm Bianchini, Head of Global Demand Gen at Engagio, revealed our proven ABM plays – complete with scripts, players, timing, templates, and directions.
- Account-based orchestration is the most effective ABM tactic to penetrate target accounts
- Develop ABM plays across all stages of the customer lifecycle to build relationships with multiple personas at target accounts
- Automation is great but you need to personalize and add the human touch in order to be successful at ABM
In this presentation from Dreamforce 2018, Sandra Freeman, Head of Strategic Marketing at Engagio, gave an inside look at real-world ABM programs that have achieved from 20% to 80% meeting-to-conversion rates. This will ease the pain of getting started by revealing a blueprint for effective collaboration between Sales, Marketing and Customer Success teams.
- Establish an ABM Foundation with FIRE (shout out to the awesome Everstring team!): Fit, Intent, Recency and Engagement
- Increase Sales and Marketing Collaboration by running “Stand Ups” to review top account status and where can collaborate to increase engagement, opportunities and wins
- Deliver SPICY plays to Target Accounts using FIRE + Personalization to achieve 20% to 40% to 80% meeting rates