Announcing the Second Edition of the Clear and Complete Guide to Account Based Marketing
We’re thrilled to announce the release of the NEW, second edition of Engagio’s Clear and Complete Guide to Account Based Marketing!
It’s been three years since the original version was published – the definitive guide to what was then “the next big thing in B2B marketing” – but a lot has changed in that time.
Now, ABM is no longer the next big thing – it’s here to stay:
- 93% of B2B marketers claimed ABM is very/extremely important (an increase from the previous year). – SiriusDecisions
- 73% of organizations are either doing ABM or plan to in the next 12-24 months. – ITSMA
- More organizations have expanded from pilot programs to formal, established efforts (62% in 2017 compared to 38% in 2016). – SiriusDecisions
- 80% of organizations are planning to purchase new solutions in four or more ABM technology categories, driving a 28% increase in ABM technology investments. – TOPO
“The ABM discipline is evolving. The technology that supports account-level orchestration and analytics is becoming more robust, and ABM practitioners are becoming more mature. Once again, Engagio has compiled a thoughtful, comprehensive, and current guide to today’s ABM that provides helpful advice for organizations looking to make the shift. ”
– Kathy Macchi, VP, Consulting Services, Inverta
In 2019, ABM is no longer optional – it’s a core element of a B2B go-to-market plan for those organizations looking to drive efficiency, capture big wins, increase close rates on their toughest deals, accelerate deals, and align Sales and Marketing.
Engagio’s evolved quite a bit since early 2016 as well. We’ve worked with 100s of B2B companies to execute high-performing ABM initiatives; grown our team; launched new ABM solutions like Smart Tools and ABM Automation; expanded our industry partnerships; and picked up a few awards along the way. (Read all news.)
Most importantly, we’ve learned a lot in that time about the evolving discipline of ABM. This new Account Based Marketing guide is our way of sharing those learnings with you.
“Wow…. just wow… talk about a comprehensive piece of content that lays out ABM in the most actionable way. Wow.. did I say wow?”
–Trish Bertuzzi, Founder, The Bridge Group
What’s new in the second edition:
Some teams are still getting started with ABM, while others execute advanced, multi-faceted programs with target accounts. No matter where you are in the journey, the second edition of the Clear and Complete Guide to ABM has more than 175 pages of important insights to help you advance. With over 70% fresh content, it brings all-new best practices in account tiering, sales and marketing alignment, multi-channel orchestration, multi-touch attribution, and more.
“Engagio continues to establish the shared language of modern-day ABM. With this latest guide, they’re steering boardroom conversations for marketing and sales leaders with battle-hardened best practices in a space where few exist.”
–Justin Gray, CEO, LeadMD
Why ABM is here to stay (and not just hype).You’ll learn:
- The benefits and differences between three styles of ABM: strategic, scale, and programmatic.
- What account entitlements are, and how to plan for them.
- How to use new methodologies like intent data and predictive scoring to choose your target accounts.
- Ways to cut through the noise to successfully engage with executives.
- How to leverage popular marketing channels and tactics to drive ABM engagement (and why advertising presents enormous risk).
- Everything you need to know about marketing orchestration, including step-by-step guidance to launching plays.
- Specific ways to measure ABM, and the new metrics required.
- How to secure funding for ABM and align internal teams accordingly.
- Details on successful ABM pilot programs, and how to get started fast.
- Strategies for creating better sales and marketing alignment around ABM.
- The breakdown of roles, skills, and responsibilities required for your ideal ABM team.
- An entirely new way of looking at ABM technology (including an RFP guide and market map).
“Once again, Engagio sets the bar. Everyone can say ABM, but few are doing it in a meaningful and comprehensive fashion. Whether you are truly a veteran and have been doing this for a while, or getting ready to launch your first program, this guide has something for everyone. This will be the most-read guide of 2019.”
– Jeff Pedowitz, President and CEO, The Pedowitz Group
Some things never change.
ABM continues to deliver a higher ROI than other marketing activities (according to 87% of B2B marketers), and it only gets better over time. The ITSMA found that companies with ABM programs running for more than two years were twice as likely to see higher ROI.
In the last three years, we’ve seen Account Based Marketing in action across a wide range of companies, and we’re more convinced than ever that this is the way virtually all big deals will be won and grown.
We hope the second edition of The Clear and Complete Guide to ABM helps you to realize these incredible benefits in an easy-to-follow, helpful way. Happy Reading, and let us know what you think!
“This guide is more like the bible. I keep it handy because like most marketers we’re learning and progressing through ABM excellence one step at a time. Engagio and the army of influencers that contributed to The ABM Guide are partners in our learning and journey.”
–Randy Frisch, CMO and Cofounder, Uberflip